“We will, we will, we will rise again.”
–30 Seconds to Mars, “Conquistador”
Miles Last Week: 56
Total Miles: 1222
Alas, fair people of the land of Internet, thirty days of abdominal tests hath passed, and Amanda hath not perished. Tis a glorious day!
The town crier is right–the 30-Day Ab Challenge is officially over. Woo! And because you can’t take the college out of the girl, I’ve decided to grade myself.
- For missing one day while I was out of town–minus one letter grade.
- For not doing proper, 90-degree sit-ups (i.e, floor to upright)–minus half a letter grade.
- For having my legs bent during my leg raises–minus half a letter grade.
- For reverting back to the old standby, “girl”-pushup plank position–minus half a letter grade.
- For not actually losing any inches off my waist–minus half a letter grade.
- For breaking my 65-minute record–plus half a letter grade.
- For breaking it a second time in one week–plus half a letter grade.
By this logic, I get a C. Not great, but at least I didn’t quit, unlike the plank challenge. (I think I’m still not over it.)
Overall, I think it was a good challenge. I’ll definitely be incorporating more ab-ish stuff into workouts, but I will be focusing more on doing those exercises right instead of trying to hit a number. Quality over quantity. There’s still room for improvement, of course, which is sort of becoming my natural state in life.
That’s fine. I’ll take it. In fact, it’s kind of inspired me to take on a new 30-day challenge every month for the rest of this year.
And July is butt month! Because why not?
I happened to find a 30-day gluteal challenge that looks to have been made by the people behind my June challenge–or the same graphic designer, at least.
I know what you’re thinking. Yes, July has thirty-one days. I choose to see it as having one extra rest day.
Plus, the big bonus–NO PLANKING. I already like this plan.